Jim was working around the clock the night before and the day of the debate so Mia and I spent some special time with his parents. Thursday evening I met up with Grammie and Pop Pop, who already had Mia with them on the Square. I nearly passed out when I saw her sitting up in her stroller, literally swaying to the rock concert that was taking place. She is only 5 months old! It was a blast hearing the live music on the square that night. We then grabbed dinner and headed to campus to meet up with Jim. Every major news station was in Oxford..Jim was surrounded by politicians, reporters, movie stars, authors,etc. At one point, I called him and he was driving Katie Couric around..are you kidding me? Our town only has 15,000 people in it.
The day of the debate we were in the Grove all day because they had different activities going on, Mia enjoyed every second of her day being outside. We can definitely tell she loves the outdoors. Jim's parents, Aunt & Uncle, Mia and myself all went to dinner on the Square to watch the debate.
How could I forget about the hot air balloon...My office had the balloon come to town for the weekend to help market..I don't have a picture of me in the balloon..but I do have one of the view below. Enjoy the pictures from our fun, memorable weekend in Oxford.
To see all the pictures from our weekend, here is a slideshow...ENJOY!


2 comments:
Ah...the famous McCain sliver profile picture AND proof that Jim actually talked to Katie Couric!
You have been blogging up a storm this week! Way to go. See you guys tonight at the movie.
Love the blogging spree, Mitzi...you guys have had an awesome past few weeks! Love it!
Post a Comment