Tuesday, August 31, 2010

1st Trip to the Dentist

Mia had her first trip to the Dentist last week and she did GREAT! Thankfully, we have a very kid friendly dentist office that makes everything fun and exciting. We had been talking to Mia for some time now about her big trip to the dentist, so she was very excited.
First up was brushing her teeth along with the Kangaroos. She was using big girl toothpaste not her usual training toothpaste but she followed directions perfectly and spit everything out. She even tried to drink straight from the faucet which was hilarious. We tried doing Xrays and she was so brave to stand on the stool and bite down on the mouth piece but as soon as the machine starting spinning around her head.she was no where in sight and I don't blame her.
After the Xray machine ordeal, we had to pass Tyler onto a hygienist(thank goodness they were not busy) so Mia could sit on my lap. The dentist came and counted her teeth and informed us that her 2yr molars where breaking through the gum line. Really? Praise the Lord that this has not been bothering her because I know these can be the worst. Next up was fluoride! They actually kind of paint it on so we we told her it was just like getting her toes or nails painted. After she was done, the hygienist opened the drawer and Mia shouted..MONEY! They gave her tokens to put into a machine to get a prize for being such a brave little girl. What a fun experience! She had a pretty good report however we have a small little cavity coming in on her right canine which really concerns me but I guess the amount of juice she drinks may be the obvious culprit.

1 comment:

New Mommy!!! said...

Yeah Mia!! I can't wait for Nik's first trip to the dentist. Nik loves to brush her teeth like a big girl now, but I'm afraid all I can get her to do is suck on the toothbrush really. Hopefully, we won't be incurring any cavities bc of this, yikes! Ha, ha.

That dentist office looks fab. Wish we had one here like it! So proud of her, can;t blame her on teh x-rays, ha!

I lvoe that they give them a toy, too cute!

Love the Cookies with Nana and Roll over post! Go Ty!