Thursday, September 2, 2010

Memphis Zoo

Last Saturday Jim and I loaded up the kids in our rental Mini Van (my car is being fixed because we had a little car accident) and headed off to Memphis. I must say we are loving the big mini van and might see one in our near future! Ha. Jim knew if he rented one for me and I had to drive it for a few weeks I would come around and I think he is right! We thought it would be a great day to head to the zoo and it was perfect but still VERY HOT! Poor Tyler was such a trooper. Thankfully the polar bear exhibit has air conditioning so we were able to cool off whenever we needed it.
Mia LOVED the zoo. Last year when we went I think she was still a little too young but she knew what everything was this time and would make the animal noise to each one we saw.Her favorites were the Mommy Giraffe and Baby Giraffe along with the Polar Bears. The polar bear exhibit allowed us to view under the water where the bears swim. Mia will tell you all about how we were watching the polar bears and one threw a trash can/toy into the water and dove right in the water after it! She thought it was so funny! The elephants were HUGE...she loved watching them swing their long trunks and use them to gather food.She really wanted to pet the lions and tigers but thankfully they were sleeping and we would not want to wake them up! It was a family fun day that we hope to do again soon.:)A little to close for mommy!Why isn't there a fence blocking the tigers????
The collage is for Mia so she can remember all the different animals we saw at the zoo.

No comments: