Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1st Night Away from Mia...Tomi & Michelle's Wedding!

Jim and I had a very quick (26 hours) trip to Atlanta on Saturday! We left Mia for the first time overnight. Jim's mom drove up from Jackson which was so sweet of her and we headed to celebrate Tomi & Michelle's Wedding Day. As far as leaving Mia goes..pulling out of the driveway was the hardest part..but I wiped my tear and laughed the whole car ride to Atlanta...Jim and I decided we must really love each other because we did not even turn on the radio once! We had a wonderful time and it was great seeing Tomi. We look forward to getting to know Michelle more in the coming years. Tomi was one of Jim's roomates in New York when they attended Columbia for Grad School. Tomi was a groomsmen in our wedding and has always been a great friend to Jim.
Tomi is from Nigeria so we had the neatest experience meeting his family members and being apart of the Nigerian culture throughout the wedding celebration. I tried to get a good picture of the outfits the women were wearing...We were quite impressed, their formal attire is amazing! One thing is for sure Tomi, Michelle and the family sure know how to DANCE! Congratulations Tomi & Michelle! We know the Lord will continue to bless their journey together.

No comments: