
On Christmas Day we had quite the experience! We locked Mia in the car! Before you panic, the car was still running and she was asleep so we did not have to worry about her freaking out or it getting too cold. We recently got a new car and the lock system is very confusing...long story short when we got out to open her door it locked both of our doors with the car running. I did not know what to do, and Jim was ready to bust the window in but I called the police who then sent me to the fire department. I explained the situation calmly and they said they would send someone over to unlock the door. Little did we know what was about to come rescue Mia. The entire fire department showed up in the fire truck!
Jim and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. Of course my nephews thought it was the best Christmas ever and I am sure the neighbors were wondering what in the world was going on. They successfully got a rod into the window and ended up rolling the window down..she slept for an additional twenty minutes after she was out and never knew what happened. 

The fire department was so sweet and we are very grateful to them for working on Christmas first of all and secondly for getting that window down. Jim has already thought about returning the car and I am very cautious getting in and out. The guys left one of their tools at the house so Jim and Luke, my nephew ended up taking them Christmas cookies and thanking them again. Jim and I just pray we don't get a call from some child services.


1 comment:
Oh Mitzi! What a drama! And of course it had to happen on Christmas day.
Post a Comment