Sunday, August 3, 2008

Guys Green Jacket Tournament now turns into Girls Weekend!


St. Louis was incredible..we owe a HUGE THANK YOU to Josh & Julie Hunter for hosting this years annual Green Jacket Tournament in St. Louis. Jim and two of his dear friends, Josh & Fulton, have met and played golf together every summer since college. This year we met in St. Louis and the guys had the chance to play some beautiful courses. Three years ago Josh brought along his sweet wife Julie and the guys only weekend was immediately put to rest. Once we met, we knew we were not letting the guys get together without us. We became best buds very quickly! This year, we were overjoyed to have Rubey with us. Rubey is Fulton's precious girlfriend whom we all adore. We are excited to see what the Lord has in store for the two of them. Thanks Fulton for introducing us to our new best bud!
We spent the weekend being ladies of leisure while the guys golfed, golfed some more and then golfed again. We enjoyed strolls in downtown Kirkwood, spending time at the pool, girl talk, church, dinners out and much more. We had the chance to spend Saturday with Julie's sister-in-law Shelley and her twins. Shelley & Phil are expecting a little boy soon so it was fun catching up with them and finally meeting the girls. Mia LOVED watching all the activity and the girls loved helping with the baby. Thank you Shelley for having us over for lunch.
After church on Sunday I went and spent the day with one of my best friends, Ashleigh. Ashleigh and I grew up together and she lives in St. Louis with her hubby Tony. I got the chance to see their beautiful new home, eat an incredible lunch and shop. Mia loved Ashleigh...she is going to be such a great mommy some day..she is AMAZING with kids.
When the guys were off the course, we enjoyed our time with them eating dinner, swimming, hanging out and how could we forget making the trip to Ted Drews in the car with 6 people, 1 baby and 2 dogs.
Jim and I cannot stop talking about what a great time we had with everyone...thanks again to Josh and Julie for opening their beautiful home to not only Jim, Mia and I but Jersey as well. The Hunters are the parents of Jersey's girlfriend, Stella. The two enjoyed seeing one another but must be getting old because they did not do much playing.
We love and miss you all! Enjoy some fun pictures from the weekend!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I enjoyed catching up on your new posts. Mia is geeting so big and is just beautiful! Congrats to your Mom. She is a great cook. I am going to try that cheesecake recipe. I loved seeing the St. Louis pictures! Makes me miss it there. Ted Drewes is the best frozen custard in the world. Have a good week and give Mia a kiss from us!