I was getting excited about posting a picture of Mia's room, however we are having some delays. One thing I have noticed with my pregnancy is that I am very indecisive. I told Emily she needed to come here from Illinois and tell me exactly what to do, and I would just go for it. She came and thankfully we have a plan for the nursery now. THANK YOU EMILY! Emily along with Katie and Melissa came over and helped me paint all the stripes on Mia's wall. I owe you girls! Jim also deserves a BIG THANK YOU for all his help with painting the rest of the walls PINK. He would not allow me on the ladder so basically I had to sit back and watch.
The next step was having our builder come back and put a chair railing in, which he did yesterday. We thought it would already be painted, but it looks like Jim might have some more painting to do. A bigger delay we might have to face is that when they put up the chair railing, they discovered that the wall in the nursery is bowed pretty bad. I asked the worker what they would have to do to fix it and he told me we will have to tear down the entire wall. As you can imagine, I started to panic. Visions of the nursery having a wall torn down just when we are ready to get the furniture in really would be a HUGE MESS. I know everything will work out great in the end, but it still makes me a little nervous. I will keep you posted as to what has to happen, meanwhile the nursery is on hold so you will all have to wait to see pictures of the great paint job that was complete, but now might have to be redone!
My mom is making all the bedding for the crib which is a huge blessing! Here is a picture of the fabric just so you can see what fun colors we will be using! ENJOY!


2 comments:
Mitzi, the fabric swatches look fantastic! I'm sure it's going to be beautiful, even if there is a wall torn down :-)
Mitzi! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pics of fabrics. Please post pictures when you finish... :) So cute...Mia Grace is going to love her room!
Post a Comment