Monday, June 2, 2008

Bath Time, Big Smiles and More


My goodness we have had some fun in the Morrison household lately. This past week was a busy one and a sad one because Daddy had to go to Denver for work. We missed him so much and were so very happy to have him arrive back at home on Friday. It reminded us how thankful we are to the Lord for allowing this great opportunity for Jim at Ole Miss. Consulting and traveling every week with Baby Mia Grace at home would have been hard for all three of us. Grammie came up from Jackson to help out which was a lot of fun. Mia and I got out and about everyday and night so it was a nice change..I feel like a pro at getting the car seat in and out now. Thanks Grammie for such a wonderful time!
We introduced Mia Grace to her big girl bath tub..we could of started this a few weeks back but I was nervous about diving her into a big tub. We gave it a shot on Saturday morning and she LOVES IT! She loved the sponge bath to begin with, when it came time to wash her hair she would push her head down to get it under the water. Very cute! You can see in the pictures that she loves soaking with her legs dangling over the edge of the net that holds her up. She loved every part of it, except getting out..poor little bunny.
We have also been noticing more and more that Mia smiles at us. This is a true smile..she realizes it is us and when we do something funny she smiles. It just melts our hearts. The picture up above is one of her cute smiles! I think we spent two hours on Saturday just hanging out in her room making her smile..we have not heard any giggles yet but we look forward to our home being filled with giggles in the near future.

2 comments:

meurrier said...

I can't believe how big she looks! She is so cute! I love the pictures in the bathtub. Myla had that same tub and she loved it forever. It fits great in the sink too if you don't like leaning over. Just a thought. I has indentions where it will fit down in the sink. We will have to come visit again soon!

Amy Ingram said...

ahhhh!!! she is so precious. Ok, so get this...Mom and dad are coming up this weekend to look at houses for retirement. I may be with them...will call you if I come and we have some free time.