Saturday, June 21, 2008

8 Week Check Up

Believe it or not, Mia is a few days shy of being 2 months old! We are having so much fun with her, she is starting to coo and talk to us which really makes play time exciting! Thursday was a hard day for both Mia and Mommy. All morning I was pacing the floors because I knew in a few hours she was going to get her shots. She was so happy all morning, and I felt guilty. We arrived at the doctors office and they weighed her..she looks like a little monkey rolling all over the scale. :) Her current stats are 9lbs 13oz, which is in the 10th percentile for her age and 22 in. tall which is at the 25th percentile. The doctor said as long as she is on the growth curve, there is no need to worry. Thank goodness because I was concerned her percentages were low.


She was laying there having fun on the table when the nurse practioner came in. She did the routine check up and said she sounds and looks great, but then came the hard part. First, she had to drink some solution for one of the vaccinations. Before she could get over the solution her face turned bright red and her mouth was wide open while holding her breath. They had pricked her three times so fast that it took a while for it to set in. She started screaming and it just broke my heart! My poor little girl was in pain for the first time. They bandaged her up and then told me I could pick her up, which thankfully calmed her down. She fell asleep the second I put her in the carseat and was out for about 2 hours..once she woke up there was some tenderness on her legs but for the most part she did a great job. A trooper!

Here she is with her two little bandaids..sweet little thing...

1 comment:

Missy said...

I don't know you, but I found your blog through the Ultchey's and starting checking it because we were pregnant at the same time. What a strange coincidence - me and my hubby's anniversary is June 18 (2005) and we just had our first baby on April 24th! Crazy uh!! Mia is beautiful by the way. Please check us out any time!