Monday, January 21, 2008

Gestational Diabetes?

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated the blog, it has been a busy month. I wanted to update everyone on Miss Mia Grace. I went to the doctor last week for my check-up and the routine glucose screening test. I was not really aware of what the test meant, but it was much to my surprise when my test results came back and my number was 140, which is the cut off. I was so worried, but PRAISE the LORD for answering my prayer and filling me with peace about the situation. I had to go through the weekend not knowing what all of this meant, and then today had to take the three hour screening. It was not bad, but definitely not fun! The results came back great and we are in the clear of gestational diabetes. Another PRAISE! It just so happens that the day before my test, I decided to eat Mac & Cheese for lunch which I have only had twice in my adult life. It was a CRAVING! but also a white starch and I was needing to stay away from those! Lesson LEARNED!
Mia is kicking all the time, we love feeling her move around. Time is passing by quickly, she will be here and in our arms before we know it. What an amazing blessing!

No comments: