Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 4th Weekend! Mia's trip to the ZOO!


Celebrating the 4th this year was great fun but we did miss our families. Since we have lived in Oxford we have not been here for this great holiday so we made sure we were here. Jim was off on Friday so we decided to take Mia to the Memphis Zoo. It was a beautiful day and we could not of have more fun. Mia had lots of fun walking through the caves looking at tigers.. She LOVED all the animals especially the monkeys and polar bears. She would stare at them and just smile. While showing her the lions, one was basically within arms reach and she kept trying to lean forward and pet him. She has a lot to learn!
Lunch time came around and I had nothing to feed her so Daddy decided it was time for her to have Pizza...and of course she loved it. The Zoo offers so much to do there, so I am sure we will take her back again soon.
The morning of the 4th Jim and I got the wild idea to run in the 5K race. It was so much fun but very HOT. I planned on walking, however I realized this was not a walking race. Everyone was running which meant I had to move while pushing Mia. After the race, Mia and I attended her friend Lauren's 1st birthday party. (I dont look very Happy but it was because I was staring at the sun! HA) Mia frosted her own cupcake and ate it which made the afternoon full of ENERGY!
We headed to the Grove late afternoon and enjoyed the live bands, activities for kids, food and friends. Jim and I set up our chairs close to 8 and anxiously awaited the fireworks. For some reason we felt the need to sit directly in front of the launching pad. After one firework, we knew we made a mistake. It was unbearably loud for all of us. Jersey too! We headed back to the car and realized we had the best seat in the house right where we parked.
It was a perfect celebration and a great weekend! We look forward to next years event. If you look really close you can see Jersey in the Stroller!

No comments: